Control Insight 2.5
3 Different Viewing Windows: Scene, Systems, Connections
The different viewing windows help students develop and test control systems:
- Scene window shows an animated picture of the model
- System window shows a diagram of all the active components and how they are linked
- Connections window shows how to connect the model to the interface
4 Modes of Operation: Design, Run, Check, Control
Students can design part of a system and test it at any time, providing them with the perfect tool to help them develop their ideas and increase their understanding of control procedures. No external equipment is required to build a working system.
- Design mode for building the control system which organises the instructions.
- Run mode for showing how the control system works on the screen as a simulation.
- Check mode for checking that the devices and sensors are connected to the interface correctly.
- Control mode for sending the control instructions to the interface and controlling the model.
17 Control Interfaces Supported
Includes interfaces by Commotion, Deltronics, Economatics, Fischer, and Dataharvest.
46 Pre-designed on-screen Environments
From a Cash machine and Car Park, to a Lift System, Greenhouse, Supermarket, Photocopier and more, these ready built environments allow students to develop their own projects. The graphics include animation and sound, as well as, having active components such as switches and controls that can be explored and modified in the System window.
29 FIXITS Projects
Fix-its are simple exercises each featuring a single control system, which is defective in some way. The task consists of altering the system to make it work better. Fix-its are ideal for class use when students are learning how to use Control Insight. (Solutions to FIXITS are here online).
Interface in Four Sizes
The Interface for Control Insight has been totally redrawn in four sizes from small to extra large. This will make the software compatible with new computer screens including the Whiteboard interface.
Create Thumbnails for Own Example Files
All files can be saved with your own thumbnail to aid navigation of the example files and your own work. You can make the example file take its graphic from the full screen or you can set individual graphics as the image for the file.
Click F1 whilst using the software to view the new interactive help page.